December 6, 2007

Zengo

I have been to Zengo's on a date catching up with friends and business associates for quick eats and good drinks. The environment is really modern, hip and trendy. It's a perfect way to start the night, or a perfect way to end an evening. Zengo's is a restau-lounge spot. I would recommend coming dressed up, or at least casually cute. The first time I went, I was unaware of what the dress code was and wore jeans and tennis shoes, and felt so out of place. The chicken emapanadas are REALLY good. The sushi, eh, I wouldn't recommend ordering any of them except the Angry Zengo (which are pretty good). I went for my cousins birthday dinner and I think we ordered everything on the menu. The Tuna Tataki Salad (My fave) was devoured by everyone at the table. A couple of my friends ordered the Grilled Lamb Striploins and I swear within a matter of minutes their plates were absolutely spotless, I really think they licked their plates clean. The tuna belly tartare was okay the tuna is cut up pretty chunky but it was cooked a little more than I preferred, but it was okay. The drinks are really good and would recommend ordering any of them. Definitely a must stop spot =) Being that the restaurant is tapa style you can get caught up trying to order every menu dish on the menu and your bill starts adding up, so if your on a budget be cautious, this place can be dangerous on your pockets!

Location: ChinaTown
Price Range $25-up

http://www.modernmexican.com/zengodc/

Zengo in Washington

No comments: