December 2, 2007

Yanni's Greek Restaurant

Yanni's is a little on the gaudy side with its decorations. When you walk in you see a lot of older couples grabbing drinks and just hanging out. But it has a comfortable neighborhood feel. It has a bar side and a dining area. You can come casual or dressed up and still feel comfortable.

I love Greek food and anywhere I can get a good Greek salad I'm happy. I've had most of the appetizers and they are all pretty good. The dolmades are pretty decent, not the BEST but definitely edible (it's pretty hard to find GREAT grape leaves). The menu is cheap and the drinks are good. Last time I went I had the Chicken Souvlaki platter. It was pretty delish! The portion was so big I had enough for lunch the next day. The food is really cheap but it doesn't taste it. (always a plus for me)

Price range $8-$17

http://www.yannisgreektaverna.com/index.html

Yanni's Greek Taverna in Washington

No comments: