September 9, 2008

Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge

Location: Georgetown 3116 M St. NW
Cuisine: Spanish Tapas
Website: http://www.bodegadc.com/

So one of my best friends decided to randomly tell me he was in town and we couldn't find anywhere to eat because it was Friday around 11ish or midnight. Everywhere else had pretty much stopped serving food for the night. But we were fortunate enough to happen upon this lovely little Spanish masterpiece. The walls were decorated with bold red and black designs and bullhorns on the wall. Lo and Behold! The kitchen was still open and our stomaches could calm their cries for nourishment. We were quickly greeted (there were a few couples and bar patrons present). The waiter was very very welcoming and seemed to be intuitive to our needs. He quickly filled our glasses with water and gave us a plate full of lemons upon our request (I only asked for one, but hey the more the merrier, I like when they give more for my refills).

After several attempts to get our order, because of course me and my best friend needed time to catch up, or shall I say he needed to brief me on his crazy love life status and all the players involved, we finally glanced at the menus. For our appetizers we ordered the Calamares Fritos con Ali-Oli (Calamari), Pulpitos a la Plancha (octopus fried and sprinkled with paprika). Both were really good, especially the Pulpitos a la Plancha. The presentation wasn't super amazing but it was literally piping hot when it was served and the waiter and busboy were very accomadating. They also served us some really good bread with an aioli sauce. For the entree we both split a Paella Marinera (seafood paella). I was happy because they didn't put chorizo in the paella! Woohoo! The appetizers were pretty great, the entree was a bit bland, but wasn't bad.

Definitely recommend this spot for a date if your on the way to the last movie in Georgetown.

Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments: